962 Long Road
Xenia, OH 45385
The original deed to our vineyard property dates from the early 1800’s. Shortly thereafter, the original settlers built a house on the property, which stands to this day. It is constructed of bricks that originate from local clay, and is amazingly solid, with exterior walls thicker than 1.5 feet to keep out the winter cold. It stands on the highest point of the property, overlooking Caesar Creek and the area where we have since planted our vines.
We are currently working to trace the history of the house—who lived there, what modifications they made to the original building, and when. Eventually we would like to incorporate the house into our vineyard as a tasting room and small historical museum.