962 Long Road
Xenia, OH 45385
Our property has a rich and interesting history. Originally the property was part of the “Virginia Reservation” which was a four million acre tract of land reserved by the State of Virginia prior to the Revolutionary War to award soldiers for fighting for the colony of Virginia. After the revolution, a large tract of land which included our winery property was awarded to a Virginia military officer from tidewater, who subsequently gave various parcels in the original tract to his children. The original deed to the winery property dates back to 1804.
According to experts in Ohio architectural history, the original Settler’s House on the property was build around 1830. We are currently checking the historical records to determine if this is accurate, and are planning to restore it.
Please refer to the following pages regarding the Legends of Caesar and Blue Jacket, the Settler’s House, Lake Fifi and the memoriam regarding Dr. Stuck, the founder of the vineyard.